The Florida SBDC has partnered with Enterprise Florida and the U.S. Commercial Service to offer a scholarship to assist qualified Florida businesses to identify overseas growth strategies through the development of a customized Export Marketing Plan.
To qualify, business must meet the following criteria:
- Florida business
- Products are produced in Florida or services are provided from a Florida location
- All products must be comprised of no less than 51% Florida content
- Must be in business for two years or more
- Must employ five or more full-time equivalent staff $500,000 to $10 million in annual sales
- Preference is given to non-exporters or infrequent exporters
- Must submit $500 participation fee
The cost for participation in the program is $3,530. However, qualifying firms are eligible for a $3,030 scholarship, reducing the actual cost to $500.
Participating companies are eligible for Enterprise Florida’s Gold Key grant to be used on one Gold Key Matchmaker with the U.S. Commercial Service in a market identified in the Export Marketing Plan. These grants are limited so apply today while the opportunity remains. Target Sector Trade Grants are also available to eligible companies to help pay for exhibiting at an overseas trade show.
Call to apply for the Florida SBDC’s International Trade Services consulting.